Justia

Labels

About Me

My Photo
Ugly Buddhist Woman
The Dalai Lama said, "Well, yes, a woman Could be the next Dalai Lama, but she'd have to be good looking." ugly.buddhist.woman@gmail.com
View my complete profile

Google Analytics

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 30, 2011

Google Black Navigation Bar Fails w3c Accessibility Standards

Google's grey on black navigation bar violates this section of w3c Web Content Accessibility Guidelines : The Black Navigation Bar is Illegible!

I am vision impaired. Due to the extremely low contrast of grey on black I Can't read the black navigation bar. Even my well sighted friends find it difficult. All I am asking for is the option to change it back... Please, Google, Have a Heart!

This is a case of form trumping function.  Functionality should be the First consideration in design.  Why does Google periodically disimprove itself?  This black bar and the hype about its supposed functionality are making me sad!!

•2.2 Ensure that foreground and background color combinations provide sufficient contrast when viewed by someone having color deficits or when viewed on a black and white screen.

Change it back you (Google) devils@!

0 comments: